Raw Vegan ChickAn Salad Casserole
I admit I eat A LOT of salad. And as much as I love a good ole green leaf salad, it can get a little boring after a while. ESPECIALLY when you are eating a lot of RAW meals, you need to spice up your salad game. Not all salads are created equal. While on a month long RAW FOOD challenge, I was craving something different. I didn't know exactly what I wanted, I just knew it had to be good. Having a few left over ingredients in the house, I started throwing a few things together..
Apple and Celery ALWAYS a bomb combo..Some Zucchini.. not my favorite veggie to eat raw but lets work with it... What's this.. left over fresh coconut meat from the coconut I cracked open the other day!? NOW WE ARE TALKIN. Combine the right ingredients with a dressing that was BORN for the recipe and voilà! Magic for your mouth!
This recipe is by far one of my most favorite recipes ever and anyone who has tried it, agrees. The coconut meat takes on the texture of chicken when combined with raisins. It's the perfect healthy treat designed to beat whatever cravings you have.
2 cups chopped celery
1 cup coconut meat, cubed
3 cups chopped apples
2 cups peeled and diced zucchini
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup almonds
6 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp coconut aminos
1/2 tsp garlic powder
4 tbsp water
Salt to taste
1/2 cup Cashews
- Prepare, chop, peel, and dice all filling ingredients.
- Place 1/2 cup almonds into food processor, pulse until crumb-like consistency forms.
- Combined all filling ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix tahini and coconut aminos into a paste. Then, slowly add water one tbsp at a time, stirring in between each tbsp.
- Pour sauce into the large bowl covering the filling and mix well. Coating all filling ingredients evenly.
- Food process the cashews the same way you did with the almonds to create a cashew crumble.
- Evenly spread coated filling into a serving pan and sprinkle cashew crumble on top. Serve as is or chill in fridge and serve cold. Serves about 8.
This recipe is from my Raw Holidays ebook:
For some amazing vegan dressing recipes check out my ebook Sauce Queen.