Raw Vegan Tacos / Taco Salad
Tacos make for happy taste buds and bellies no matter what day of the week it is. Tacos are created in all shapes and sizes and we do not discriminate. But traditional tacos can leave you in a TACO COMA... (we've all been there)!
But not with our raw vegan tacos! You'll end the meal feeling just as energized (if not MORE energized) than you did before! And if by some random chance you're over tacos.. easily transform your recipe into a Taco Salad 🌮 🌱
6 romaine leaves
4 Baby Bella mushrooms chopped
3 tbsp walnuts
4 sun dried tomatoes
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp Himalayan salt (more to taste)
1/8 tsp cumin
1 ear corn (sliced off cob)
1 stalk celery chopped
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 small tomatoes chopped
2 tbsp chopped red onion
2 tbsp cashew butter
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp lemon juice
pinch of salt
- Soak sun dried tomatoes for at least 1 hour, then drain.
- Pulse mushrooms, walnuts, and sun dried tomatoes in food processor. Add the remaining taco meat, spices and pulse until well combined. Place taco meat crumbles into a small bowl or container and set aside.
- Add all salsa ingredients to bowl. Add squeeze of lime and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add sour cream ingredients to small bowl. Stir until creamy texture.
- Rinse and strain romaine leaves. Slice avocado for topping.
- Assemble tacos as desired and enjoy! (Makes 6 tacos, 2 servings).
This recipe is from Freedom Food 1.0 recipe ebook:
Cover Photo Credit: Mae In Love Films
Blog Photo from a tagged instagram post on @freedomfoodlife
For some amazing vegan dressing recipes check out my ebook Sauce Queen.