Raw Vegan Pad Thai
If you are anything like me, you will know how intense the Thai food cravings can be. Freshly vegan, going out for Thai food was one of those reliable options you could have that would give you a flavorful vegan dinner that made you feel like less of an outsider to the world. (unlike going to a regular non-vegan friendly sit down restaurant just to order steamed broccoli with plain salad and no dressing) I was always a fan of the popular veggie 'Pad Thai' dish minus the egg or fish sauce. Going raw vegan, I was again presented with the challenge of making a recipe that would hold its own to the very deliciously cooked version in restaurants. Well wow, oh wow have I out done myself again! This is a MUST try.
This recipe is from our 7 Days Raw Ebook!
2 packages of 12oz kelp noodles
2 tbsp raw almond butter
1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
1/2 peeled zucchini
1in fresh ginger
1 tbsp coconut animos
1/4 tsp cayenne (or to taste)
1/2 tsp paprika
3 tbsp hemp seeds
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup shredded cabbage
1/2 cup finely chopped broccoli
- Noodle prep; Unpack and rinse kelp noodles. Squeeze half of lemon in warm water and mix in1 tsp baking soda; fully submerge kelp and let soak for 1-2 min or until softened, rinse.
- The Sauce; In a high speed blender add almond butter, apple cider vinegar, peeled zucchini, ginger, dates, coconut aminos, hemp seeds, cayenne, paprika and water. Blend on high until sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Drain and rinse your kelp noodles in a colander (they should be soft and chewy like real noodles!). Set aside in a large bowl.
- Veggies; Finely chop carrots, cabbage and broccoli.
- Add veggies and sauce to kelp noodles and combine everything thoroughly.
- Enjoy! Serves 2!
Check out this step-by-step tutorial in the video below! For more recipe videos like this visit, like, and subscribe to my YouTube Channel!