RAW BBQ Sandwich
Replicating our favorite "cooked" foods into delicious HEALTHY foods fascinates me. I know you're probably thinking..
"Yuck, it's raw and probably tastes like one of those typical "raw" recipes!" However, I promise this recipe stands out amongst the rest. This RAW BBQ sandwich is a game changer. The texture, smell and taste of this sandwich will have you feeling like you're outside actually BBQing...don't believe me? Try for yourself.
1/2 cup packed + peeled and shredded carrots (about 2-3 medium carrots)
2 portobello mushroom caps
3 tbsp almond butter
2 tbsp coconut aminos
1/4 tsp galic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp chipotle spice seasoning
- Peel and shred carrots into measuring cup to measure
- Place shreds into mixing bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix up sauce ingredients
- Now combined the two in the larger bowl
- Remove the portobello stems, making the caps into buns (slice tops for a thinner bun)
- Assemble the sandwich or eat in an open faced style and enjoy!
This recipe is from my Freedom Food 1.0 recipe ebook:
Photo Credit: Mae In Love Films
For some amazing vegan dressing recipes check out my ebook Sauce Queen.