Rice & Lentil Pilaf
I know what you're thinking... that looks like a pile of mush! HOWEVER, this dish is not only healthy but incredibly comforting and delicious! In fact, it is one of my FAVORITE recipes.
A dish the entire family will love! This desirable creamy dressing combines perfectly with the rice and lentils, leaving your taste buds asking for more.
Pilaf:1/4 cup rinsed green lentils
1/4 cup white or brown rice
2 medium, finely chopped carrots
1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
*If you're using a Tahini that is very thin and less creamy use 1-2 TBSP water for your dressing.
- Using a small saucepan, bring 1 cup of vegetable brith to a slight boil.
- Stir in rice and lentils. Cover and simmer on low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan. Add carrots and 2 tbsp water. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until carrots soften.
- Using a small cup or container, stir in all dressing ingredients except for the water. Mix into a thick paste and THEN add water. Mix together until creamy texture is achieved.
- In a separate bowl, mix lentil/ rice blend and carrots, then pour over dressing. Mix well, serve and enjoy!
This recipe is from my ebook Freedom Food 2.0:
Photo Credit: Mae In Love Films
Follow us on Instagram @freedomfoodlife