Raw Vegan Bread
One of the things I noticed about being a raw vegan is the urge to eat things that you can assemble like wraps, tacos, and sandwiches. I did pretty well creating my own wraps and taco versions while staying raw however I couldn't quite figure out how to get that classic sandwich feel without traditional bread. I finally took the time to sit down and figure out how to make a bread recipe that would satisfy my perfect sandwich craving. This bread is seriously so good you'll want to make it with everything!
- Add chia and flax to large bowl with 3/4 cup water, stir and let sit for at least 15min to create the gel-like consistency.
- If you don't already have a pre-made carrot pulp you will need to juice about 2.5 lbs of carrots for this recipe. Drink the juice, use the pulp!
- Add carrot pulp, garlic, coconut aminos and 1.5 cups water to a high speed blender. Blend with a tamper for about 2 min until contents are completely broken down and forms a dry batter.
- Mix carrot batter into bowl with soaked chia and flax "gelatin" and stir well with spoon or hands to ensure an even mixture!
- Using a spoon or spatula, spread batter onto a teflon dehydrator sheet. Using your hand, form batter into approximately 11in (length) X 1/2in (height) shape, leaving the edges slightly thicker (about 1 or 1/2in thick!)
- Score into 4 pieces and dehydrate at 110ºF for 10hrs!
Gently flip over each slice into a regular mesh dehydrator sheet. Dehydrate an additional 5-6hrs. Bread should be dry yet sturdy- NOT crunchy. You're not making crackers!
Check out the step by step tutorial in the video below!
This recipe is from our 7 Days Raw Ebook