Raw Vegan Strawberry Lemon Zest Cake
Pinch of salt
2 cups cashew nuts (rinsed and soaked for 30 minutes )
1 ripe banana
5 TBSP Agave
1/4 cup oat milk
1 small lemon juiced (about 3 TBSP)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup strawberries
1. Place all “crust” ingredients into a food processor and blend until a moldable dough is formed.
2. Using a small loaf pan, place a piece of parchment paper lining the bottom and sides of the loaf pan.
3. Press the dough firmly into the bottom of the pan.
4. Place all filling ingredients (except strawberries) into the food processor and blend until smooth and creamy (adding a bit more oat milk if needed to create a smooth texture, still keeping it as thick as possible.) 5. Pour about 1/3 of the mixture into the cake pan and gently smooth out the surface.
6. Add strawberries to the food processor and blend with the remaining mixture. Then, evenly pour the remaining filling into the pan, creating 2nd layer. Be gentle to not mix the white and pink filling.
7. Top with strawberries and place pan into the freezer for about 3 hours or until cake is completely solid.
Don't forget to follow our Freedom Food page for more pics and recipes on Instagram!