Antioxidant Immune-Boosting Veggie Broth
Are you sitting at home wanting to try new recipes but also not wanting to eat ALL your feelings in comfort food? 😂 HOMEMADE ANTIOXIDANT and IMMUNE boosting veggie broth from
scratch 🍲. It’s comforting, delicious, and just what your body needs to help fight off viruses and bacteria! Recipe below!
GINGER boosts the immune system, decreases inflammation, eases digestion.
GARLIC is known to be antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-fungal.
ONION acts as an antioxidant & decreases inflammation.
CELERY decreases inflammation & is antiviral and antibacterial.
MUSHROOM contains B vitamins as well as a powerful antioxidant Selenium, which helps support the immune system and prevent damage to cells.
CARROTS another antioxidant that is also high in Vitamin C.
PARSLEY contains Apiol and Myristicin which have antibacterial effects.
RED PEPPERS contain some sweetness and more Vitamin C.
JALAPEÑO for some spice to open the sinuses and even more Vitamin C.
LEMON for vitamin C and acidity
A medium piece of GINGER.
Six cloves of GARLIC.
Two large sweet ONION.
One bunch of CELERY.
Two cups of sliced MUSHROOMS.
One bunch of PARSLEY.
One sweet red PEPPER.
Half a LEMON.
Feel free to add other fresh herbs like oregano, rosemary, sage, basil or thyme!
- Wash all your produce thoroughly and chop all ingredients into large pieces or chunks.
- Place chopped veggies into a large pot.
- Fill pot with water add 1TBS salt and pepper. 5. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- Once at a boil, simmer on a low boil for 6-12 hours.
- Strain veggies from broth and discard veggies.
- Sip broth alone or add fresh chopped vegetables and legumes then cook for an additional hour. If using pasta, I advise cooking pasta in a separate pot and adding it to the soup when ready to eat!
Save pin for later: