Cinna-Raisin Oat Cookies
Have you ever dreamt of eating cookies for breakfast? What if I told you, now you could?And not just any cookie, a well balanced cookie that tastes incredible and gives you the energy you need to start your day off right!
These cookies were designed in Freedom Food 2.0 not only for the cookie lover in all of us, but for those of us who could use an extra energy boost in the A.M.
What if you got to wake up knowing you're about to indulge with some cookies! Best part, they are guilt free!Eat these cookies with with p e a c e of mind. You're taste buds, body and soul are taken care of.
1 cup gluten free rolled oats
1 very ripe banana
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp raisins
1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Blend uncooked oats to a powder-like consistency (make sure your blender is very dry, not one drop of water).
- In a separate bowl, use a spoon to mash banana until very well and no clumps remain.
- Stir in oats powder, raisins, cinnamon, and salt. Using a spoon or hands, combine into a cookie dough.
- Using a standard baking sheet and parchment paper, place approximately 2 tbsp of the cookie dough into 1in circles (the closer together the easier to flip*as seen in the photo).
- Place cookies in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Flip* and then bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit to cool for 5 minutes before enjoying.
Want to find more nutritious and delicious recipes!?