Easy Raw Vegan Cheese - it's so delicious
I shared a reel on my @freedomfoodlife Instagram page with the process of how to make this yummy raw vegan scallion cream cheese. It's truly the best vegan cheese I've ever tried. Seriously you have to try it!! You will not regret making this and it’s actually easier than you think! The full recipe is written out for you below.
Watch the reel here.
- 2 cups cashews soaked overnight and drained
- 2 capsules of probiotics (the powder inside)
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1-2 TBSP chopped scallions
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- Place drained cashews into a high-speed blender.
- Add the powder from the inside of 1-2 probiotic capsules.
- Blend on high with a tamper until the texture is 100% smooth and creamy. Stop to push down the cashews on the sides as needed.
- Place a strainer inside of a large bowl and place a cheesecloth on top of the strainer.
- Add blended cashews into the cheesecloth and for the cheesecloth into a ball.
- Place a small plate on top of the cheesecloth ball and put something heavy on top (I used a jar filled with water).
- Let the whole thing set at room temperature overnight to ferment.
- The next day remove the cheese ball from the cloth and place it into a bowl.
- Add salt, garlic powder, lemon juice, and scallions, and stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Enjoy! Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Make sure you're following the @freedomfoodlife Instagram page for more recipes and vegan food content!!