Raw Vegan Chipotle Burrito Bowl
Before I went fully raw vegan, going to Chipotle for a vegan burrito was a favorite past time. So delicious and satisfying. I was slightly devastated when I had to give it up. No lie. However I tried my hand at making a version that would work with my new raw vegan lifestyle and guys, let me just tell you, it did not disappoint. This recipe is SO much healthier and extremely tasty! All of the ingredients are refreshing, hydrating and won't put you in a burrito coma. Give it a try. Seriously a game changer!
This recipe is from our 7 Days Raw Ebook!
- 1/2 large jicama roughly chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower chopped
- a handful of fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 head of romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1 small red onion
- 1 lime
- 1 ear of corn, kernels cut
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (or fresh clove)
- pinch of salt (optional)
- hot peppers (optional)
- To make the rice;
- Peel jicama, roughly chop both jicama and cauliflower.
- In a food processor using and S blade, pulse up the jicama and cauliflower until formed into a rice-like consistency.
- Add cilantro to food processor and pulse to combine with "rice". Set aside in a large bowl.
- To make your guacamole;
- In a separate small bowl, mash the avocado, 1 chopped tomato, 1 tbsp chopped red onion, garlic powder, a squeeze of lime, a pinch of salt, mix well.
- To make the corn salsa;
- In a small bowl add the corn kernels, another tbsp of red onion, the remaining tomato chopped, 1 tbsp of chopped cilantro, desired amount of chopped + seeded hot peppers, a pinch of salt, mix well.
- Assembly; In a large bowl scoop in about half of the rice, a layer of chopped romaine, a layer of corn and salsa and guacamole. Squeeze lime juice on top and sprinkle additional salt if desired.
- Enjoy! (SERVES 1-2)
Check out this step-by-step tutorial in the video below! For more recipe videos like this visit, like, and subscribe to my YouTube Channel!